Friday, August 28, 2009

Cabin Time

Island Park is probably the happiest place on earth, and we are so lucky that we were able to enjoy it again this summer. It had been nearly 3 years since our last visit to the cabin, so this year's visit seemed even better than usual! We spent a very busy week there, and still weren't able to fit in everything we wanted to do. I guess that means we will just have to go again!
Here are a ton of pictures of some of the fun we had.


Breck and I practically share a birthday. While her and I just happen to be the only people out catching guppies in the river, the rest of the family decorated the cabin for our "surprise" party.

We both got these awesome shirts for our birthday that say " BridgeCo Builders" I guess it is an AMAZING construction general contractor company that has done some INCREDIBLE work for our family. We were really excited about these shirts since BridgeCO Builders is so great.


Some good old 4wheeling after a rain storm. Best idea EVER!

Highlighting Breck's hair. Not really the BEST idea, but a pretty darn good one :)....
(sorry Breck!)

Ernie's Big Horn Deli... Best sandwiches in Montana.
(This picture is for Cousin Bill, because we know that he loves this place a LOT)
Enjoying our Eagle's Chocolate Malt's.
A little fishing on the Snake River. I caught this little dude on my second cast!

Some more fishing... Brady caught this big whopper!


Just re-living their childhood. I am not entirely certain that
they've actually ever left child-hood.

Camp-director keeping us warm.


Looking for guppies.


Jumping off the trestle. It only took everyone 45 minutes to talk me into doing it. I am not sure what I hate the most; the temperature of the water, the free-fall feeling, or just the anticipation of both. Any of those factors are reason enough for me to keep my feet on the bridge. What got me in the water? Bridger telling me I would have to ride the "wuss mobile" home if I didn't jump. Thanks Bridge!

A little motorcycle ride into West Yellowstone.


And of course, the Jell-O eating contest.
Lime Jell-O taste's like what I imagine Pine-Sol to taste like.
Not so delicious.

This is after burrito night (courtesy of the Huntsman Family)
The boys had to polish off 3 boxes each of a concoction of flavors.

And the winner is.........
Turns out there isn't "always room for Jell-O."
Some of us had to learn that the hard way.

Boating at the Reservoir.
(We love you too, Brynlie and Kristin!)


7 comments:

The Fogle Family said...

Wow. Can I be in your family????? PLLEEAAASSEEE!!! That all looks like a ton of fun. And you always talked about the cabin, so I'm glad you got to get back there :)

Brian and Stephanie Wood said...

Looks like you guys had SO much fun! I'm a little jealous.. .. ..

Joel and Dacia said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Next time I try to talk you into something I'll remember to threaten you with the "whuss mobile". Now don't wait another 6 months before updating your blog again!

Heather said...

That looks awesome! I need a vacation like that.

Jamie said...

Hey, I don't have your email address. I'm putting together the Taylor family blog and it's so much fun! One basic thing I'm doing is getting a list of the names of everyone in the families. Will you let me know everyone's name in Marty's family, and correct spelling? List them in birth order, spouses, kids, anyone expecting a kid, etc. I can't wait to get this blog done and see if it will help. Hopefully. Anyway, will you email me the list at jamietaylor100@gmail.com? I also need to know what number child Marty is. Thanks!!

Kristin and Bridger said...

Yay! Cabin pictures!! I miss it already...We really did have a great time didn't we??? Can't wait till we have our very own...hopefully sooner than later! Thanks for updating, it'd be way too long! ;)

Natalie said...

Oh my word. I love everything about this post and vacation. From the jello eating contest (Kristin seriously looks like she's eyeing you down) to Bridger saying that you'll have to ride the wuss mobile. So funny. I love you guys.