Monday, March 23, 2009

A Busy Month...

These last few weeks have been filled with a lot of up's and down's, sleepless nights, laughing, crying, and good times. After many months of playing in the desert, Brady is finally home! Here are a few pictures of my trip down to pick him up.






A motorcycle ride through the desert with Jed....

ending with Vinny's New York Pizza!Award ceremony the night before graduation. Eric on the left of Brady, and Jonny on the right. Way to go boys!
After the Graduation Ceremony. So glad it is finished!
So proud of him! A real live soldier!
Just 10 short years ago this graduation was Buck's. What big shoes to fill! Thanks for being such a great example Buck!
A little celebrating with some friends! All of which are/will be very missed.
On a hike to see....

Pictographs!
Leigh and I riding to Vegas!
After seeing The Phantom of the Opera - a must see for anyone traveling to Vegas!
A visit to the fountains at the Bellagio Hotel. Please excuse this photo, for so many reasons!
The gang about to enjoy Mystere. I walked out of that show completely amazed. I had no idea the human body could do the things they did. Certainly my body doesn't do that!
Sun, family, and friends... all in all it was an excellent trip. We are so grateful for the many "adventures" the military life has brought us. We are especially grateful for the friends that we have made. It is always bitter sweet to finish an experience. It is so nice to have Brady home, but he will miss the good times with all of his friends. I am grateful that he was able to spend the last 6 months with such good people. It definitely made it easier to be apart knowing he was having a good time.
Right before Brady graduated we had a death in the family. We are so blessed to know that through the Atonement we will be able to see our loved ones again. Cody is greatly missed, and we are so glad that we were able to have known him. Brady's hunting trips will not be the same without him. Miss you Code!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad i got to see you britt! hope things at home go good!!!

Unknown said...

oh call brooke..ask her how she broke her arm...hahaha

The Fogle Family said...

We miss you two! Caleb will be 2, can you believe it? Hope everything is going okay, sorry to hear about your loss...

Amanda said...

I'm happy to see a post from you again! It looks like Vegas was dreamy. Thanks for putting the pictures up from graduation - it's the only way I'd ever see any! So sorry about Cody.

Joel and Dacia said...

Yay you updated your blog! Looks like you guys had a good time and a nice reunion! I hope everything is going well in Utah now. I'm so sorry for your loss too. Call me when you get a chance to talk!

Brian and Stephanie Wood said...

Hey Britt -- I was excited to see you updated your blog. I am so glad to see that Brady is home and that you had a fabulous time picking him up :). I can't wait to see you guys. And I am sorry about Cody. I had only met him a couple times, but he was a great person. Much love to you and your family.

Jed and Jaime said...

Isn't so nice to finally have your hubby home again. I know how you feel Britt and I'm so sorry that we didn't get the chance to spend more time together in Huachuca. We also thought about going after ya'all to Vegas too... but we would be taking a big risk with me having the biggest belly ever. LOL. Hope all is well and it was good to see you again. We'll certainly keep you posted when the little one arrives. Much love to you from us! Can you also send me your email addy (gmail).. Thanks :)

Julie said...

Cute pictures! And congrats to Brady! What an awesome achievement!