Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A New Leaf

I have never had a green thumb. In fact, I have quite the opposite, whatever you would call that. I have a tendency to either water the plant until it drowns, or dehydrate it until it shrivels up. It is quite tragic. However I have turned over a new leaf! I know this is less than thrilling to everyone else, but I actually succeeded in growing something from a seed to harvest! Not to mention, summer just arrived! Here is proof:
I agree it would be better if I had grown something that people actually enjoy eating, but everyone humored me and pretended to LOVE radishes!

9 comments:

McCain Family said...

they are very pretty!

Amanda said...

That's exactly what I was thinking - they look so pretty sitting there! Nice work lady...

MWilde said...

We like radishes! So grow all you want! Good job!

Curry said...

Yay Britt!!!! I am seriously impressed considering I "thought" about starting a garden this year, but never took that thought any further. The radishes look ravishing, I'm not humoring you, I LOVE RADISHES!!!!

Joel and Dacia said...

Whatever, your yard in Monterey looked better than ours ever did. And radishes are delicious. I love them.

Kristin and Bridger said...

That half radish was the best I've ever had!! I'm super impressed with the garden. Can't wait for salsa making time. Good work.

Natalie said...

Well look at you, all green thumbin it up. Maybe you could give me some tips, cuz I seem to kill everything I'm in charge of...'cept my child. He's alive and well.

Mug said...

i believe the opposite is called a "gangreen" thumb, hahaha. (sorry, i couldn't help myself) But from the looks of those radishes, you have NOT that. Radishes are the best vegetable to plant to improve one's green thumbiness. That's how I got started. Next, you graduate to tomatoes and peppers, and before you know it you're growing mango and avocado trees in your kitchen. :) growing fruits and vegetables can become addicting, ask Dacia how many of my seeds and plants she's thrown out over the years, lol. keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I remember you growing some tomatoes once. The deer sure loved them, too bad we never got to try them! Wish I were there to try some radishes!