Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Visit


Last weekend we made a short trip back to the place we called home for 2 years. I had completely forgotten just how much fun we had there, and what a beautiful place it is. I think being there as a normal civilian/tourist and not a student/soldier really added to the enjoyment. We were so happy to spend time with friends, and wish that we could all be neighbors again. There were a lot of good memories in that place that I hope we will always have!


Driving down the 5 to Gilroy. This is the best time of year to be in Monterey County. While it is snowing and cold in Utah, it is green and beautiful there!



The familiar road out to our "Abandonded Beach". Anyone remember the hauling of coolers and laundry baskets down this road and off of the cliffs for a day of fun?


The only company we had all day on the beach.



We went and ate at our favorite place Compagno's and "Uncle Bennett" let us borrow his passes to the aquarium. Sorry this picture is a little fuzzy.


The aquarium has replaced the river otter exhibit that was on display the whole time we lived there with a sea horse exhibit. It was very cool to see.


These two boys couldn't get enough of the sea-creatures!


Lover's Point. Brady actually admitted to missing the run down here. I never thought I would hear him say he missed running... ever


Brady visited with some of his instructors. It was fun to hear he hasn't forgotten any of his language skills.


We were so happy that we could be there for our friend Dan's promotion. Congrats Dan, that is very exciting!


The Yoders (our Amish friends as we like to call them) The friends that talked us into the visit, and were nice enough to let us stay at their home,keep them up late, and wake them up early. Thanks for the fun!


It is hard to believe that we are all smiling after 3 nights of intense Settler's of Catan.

7 comments:

MWilde said...

:( This makes me so jealous! Looks like you had a ton of fun.

The Fogle Family said...

FUN! Some good times had there...glad you had an awesome visit =)

Kristin and Bridger said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you had such a good time. I'm sure it was a completely different experience visiting. P.S. Heard the good news about Friday...please wait to start on the garden until I get back!!! Thanks! :)

Natalie said...

I vote you make a weekend visit to the Millcreek area sometime in the near future. I know its a long drive but....think about it. (Yes it is 4:15 am, remember how I work night shifts....)

Amanda said...

Oh...sigh. I am having such intense Monterey longings now. I don't think they will ever go away! I am so glad that you guys got to go! Jonny is gone now but will be back for a few weeks in May and a few weeks in June. Let's get together for dinner!

Heather said...

You're so mean.

I guess I'm happy you had fun ;)

Joel and Dacia said...

It was a fun time and I'm soooo glad we got to see you guys again! Thanks for driving our van out and getting us out of the house on our last weekend in Monterey! It was the perfect way to leave :) We miss you!