Cafe Rio
We were very accustom to Cafe Rio about once a week before we moved to Cali. After just a few days in Monterey, we began to have major withdraws. Unfortunately there is just no other place quite like it. So you can understand our excitement to have a Cafe Rio down the street again. (This was the first place we ate when we made it back to SLC)

The dry air
I know that is a strange thing to miss. Especially because Monterey is not especially humid. However, being next to the ocean brings just enough of moisture in the air to keep your hair frizzy, your clothes and towels moist, and assist in mold and mildew growth.
Seasons
I love the fall time, and I love that it feels like fall here. Monterey is consistently between 55-65, all year long. Christmas time was exceptionally rough for me to adjust to. I grew up with all 4 seasons, and I am conditioned to expect a change every few months. So that is really nice to have again. Although, I'm not sure if I am quite prepared for the extreme change in weather quite yet.


The Great Outdoors... Utah style
We are glad to be back in our element. Nothing feels more like home to us than a day hiking in the Wasatch Mountains, shooting ducks at the duck club, or scouting for animals on the hills at 10,000 feet. (the hunting is more familiar for Brady than it is for me) 
12 comments:
Well I am glad you are back!!! We need to get together soon! Maybe some pumpkin carving? Plus, you need to see this belly of mine! Its crazy!
Miss you!
Welcome back!!! We'd love to see you guys. Be in touch K.
Oh too bad I am not in that pic :(
Welcome home!! Now we just need a Jensen Family get together to see you!! :)
Glad you're home :)
I'm glad you guys are enjoying Utah and the beautiful Fall weather. Those pictures with the mountains and trees in the background are georgeous. I love the colors that come out in the Fall and I miss it. If you ever miss the California weather however, you know who to call for a free place to stay :)
You lucky ducks! I wish I was back in Utah for Cafe Rio...ok, so maybe there's more to Utah, but you know! I can't complain about the Phoenix weather right now (70's) but I am going crazy not being close to family with this new baby, so I decided to fly up for my own sanity's sake. It's cold here!!!!
Brittany! I miss you! We too have hit Cafe Rio already. Jonny left this morning - did Brady too? Email me if you get a chance avolcansek@yahoo.com.
Hey! We were in Utah from 26 Sep until 3 Oct! It was my first time there and I just loved it! :) Glad to hear that you're getting settled back at home.
Welcome back! We should go on another double date!!
Umm, are you ever going to blog again? =)
brittany... i REALLY need to talk to you but for some reason the number i have doesn't let me get ahold of you.. please call me! 801-367-4577!! and ps.. what happened to your road trip here with brooke??
Post a Comment